Popular Post

New Photographer of the Day: Nack Athens


Above: Nack Athens.

Earlier this month I posted about Erik Betz. I fell upon a couple of Erik's pics on the DNA Magazine website and instantly was drawn to him. Erik is only 20, but the photos presented a sensual maturity, and to be honest, were just hot! In researching a bit more about the photo's I discovered the photographer was Seattle based Nack Athens, who is pretty fine looking himself!


Above: My first introduction to Nack's work was his work with Seattle's Erik Betz. I love Nack's shots of Erik and developed an instant crush! To check out my previous post on Erik just click HERE:


Nack was interesting to learn about. Originally from Cambodia, Nack always had an interest in photography and began working as a wedding photographer after moving to Seattle when he was 17. It is funny how many artists spend time shooting weddings. When I was dabbling in photography in my teens, all my relatives had me take their wedding photos. I attempted to be creative my first couple of weddings, but after that, it was usually the bride directing the shots and my attempts at creativity were usually stamped out.

Nack has a great portfolio. Some of the men Nack has shot are also his good friends. I am not sure which came first, Erik's desire to model, or Nack's need for a subject, but either way, I love the results. Nack has recently inlisted another of his friends, Ryan Craven (Nack has some good looking friends!) to get behind his creative lense. The results can be seen below. Be sure to check out more of Nack's work at his website HERE:




Ryan Craven


It is no wonder 21 year old Ryan Craven from Texas is Nack's latest muse. With those beautiful blue eyes and a face meant to be photographed. Ryan did not intend to model, but after working with Nack to help build Nack's portfolio, Ryan found it enjoyable enough to want to give modeling a shot. The results of their collaboration are amazing!



Stats:
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 155 lbs
Shoe size: 11.5
Hair color: Brown
Hair length: Medium
Eye color: Blue
Skin color: White







Below: The 2 shots below are Nack's latest work with Ryan.



Besides work and friendship, Nack and Ryan also share of passion for Vollyball.



Above: For some reason, Nack's photo of Ryan above is my favorite. Beautiful!